We can all agree that there is nothing similar to the feeling of getting a good night’s sleep. Yet the issue with achieving this is, of course, the fact that nowadays we tend to spend too much time on our connected gadgets, that our sleep quality is getting worse and worse...
Sleep deprivation can lead to immune system failure, diabetes, depression and even memory loss. Still, people don’t seem to comprehend that this continuous sleep issue needs to be dealt with for a healthier life.
Benefits of a good night’s sleep
- Diminishes the amount of stress we accumulate on daily basis;
- Boost memory and brain functionalities;
- Put you in a better mood and will make you happier;
- Promote your heart’s health;
- Will help you in learning faster.
How to sleep better ?
If you experience issues when it’s time to go to bed or if you wake up feeling tired, you will probably want to know what to do to sleep better and improve your life’s quality.
First of all, you will have to redesign your bedroom in such manner that resembles a peaceful environment, suitable for a good night’s sleep.
Some tips for achieving this include:
- Buy some thick curtains in order to easily make the room darker when it is time to sleep. It was scientifically proven that even the tiniest light source can attract your brain’s attention, making your sleep troublesome.
Focus on keeping your bedroom properly heated, as a good balance between hot and cold is key to sleep improvement.
Several scents can impact your mood and sleep pattern. Hence, specialists say that if you want to feel relaxed before bed, you can use lavender or geranium essential oil to promote calmness and encourage your body to relax. These essential oils will ultimately offer you the perfect night’s sleep.
- Keep your bedroom tidy at all times, as clutter or messy environment can at a subconscious level influence your brain and trigger hidden signals that will keep you wide awake at night
- Lastly, but not the least important, you have to choose correctly your mattress and pillows. A memory foam pillow is perfect for anyone, including side sleepers and back sleepers, because it offers great support and diminishes neck or shoulder pain. Buying a memory foam pillow will improve your sleep as your body will not be tense during the night.
Of course, to improve your sleep, you will have to pay close attention to what you eat and avoid eating before going to bed. It is best to have your dinner at least 3 hours before going to sleep, to allow your digestive system to process the food.
Other tips for improving your sleep refer to the need to exercise at least 30 minutes per day. This will keep your energy levels up, train your brain into a routine and aid you in falling asleep quicker.
So, sleeping well is good for your health, as it impacts greatly all your bodily functions. Yet in order to achieve this, you will have to carefully choose the items in your bedroom, especially your pillows. A qualitative pillow can make the difference between a bad and a good night’s sleep.We encourage you to try a memory foam pillow, as many that struggled with insomnia experienced an improvement in their sleep and they even woke up feeling energized and relaxed, because of the manner in which this pillow is designed.